Friday, October 31, 2014

Are we scaring the kids or are they scaring us?

Happy Halloween!

I hope you all had a great Halloween and ate way too much candy.  Most girls use Halloween as an opportunity to dress cute or inappropriate.  I use Halloween as an opportunity to scare little kids.  Yup.  I'm one of a kind.  I started out the day with Spanish class....wooohoo!  So much fun.  My level of sarcasm is at an all time high because I despise Spanish with all of my heart.  Nothing against the language but it has never been my forte.  After Spanish, I took a journalism test and met my friend Jordan for lunch.  When Michael got out of class, we went to his house, ate dinner with his family, and watched some TV until it was dark enough to scare the children.  These are the masks that we thought would be a guarantee scare to the children.  I imagined the kids running in fear of how absolutely terrifying we looked roaming down the dark streets hissing and screaming.  But in reality, we got bullied.  Bullied? How? As we ran down the streets screaming and hissing the small children hurled insults at us.  They called us "losers", "lame", "freaks", and even told us to "get a life".  Instead of the fear we expected to see, we ended up with hurt feelings.  We could not manage to get one scream from a kid.  Not even one.  Ridiculous.  The kids are tougher now a days than ever before.  If I had been the child, I would have peed my pants, cried to my mother, and sworn to myself that I was never tricker treating again.  I guess next year we will have to step up our game and try something new.  We will need to create a better scaring tactic.  I'll let you know next year if we have better luck.  I should have been a flower instead.  Flower power for life!  It was still a great Halloween though!  I ended my night with some gluten free mac and cheese and a pb gluten free sandwich with honey just because it's Halloween and everyone deserves to treat themselves on such a day :-)

xoxoxox

Grace

No comments:

Post a Comment