Tuesday, June 9, 2015

A day with my grandma

Hola!  I have not blogged in forever because I have been insanely busy finishing my first year of college, pursuing an acting career, and all of my dance team activities.  It's totally cray but I enjoy it all!  Anyways, the point of this post is to brag on my grandma.  I am not very close with my dad's mom, but I am best friends with my mom's mom.  Grandparents are people we always promise ourselves we will spend time with "when we have time" or "in the future" but I think most of us forget that they will not be around our entire lives.  Some people don't have any grandparents alive but I feel extremely fortunate to have three grandparents alive at the moment.  I call my mom's mom "Nan".  I am the first grandchild and when they tried to get me to say "grandma" I only said "nan" so that stuck around nineteen years.  My nan only lives an hour away from me and I try and go visit as often as possible but things always come up or I am traveling, in school, filming, the list goes on.  This past weekend I put "Visit Grandma" in my calendar and made it my first priority to go and see her and my papa.  I drove to Arlington after church and they took my to my favorite restaurant, Jason's Deli, I know basic right... You are probably thinking "Why would that be your favorite restaurant?" It's more of a deli, but don't hate on it.  I get the same thing every time, a side of grilled chicken and a side of steamed veggies.  I also make my way to the salad bar and take some sliced apples and pickles.  I think that it probably frowned upon but no ones says anything so I'm gonna assume it's fine.  I chatted with them for about an hour and after we wrapped up lunch, my grandma asked me if I need new shoes.  "Well, I mean....I love shoes...but whatever you want to do is totally fine with me" So she drove me to DSW and we began shoe shopping!  MY FAV! If I held my glance at a pair of shoes for more than 3 seconds she would say "Do you want that pair? Get it!" I ended up getting three new pairs of shoes (Two wedges, and a pair of bright pink nike running shoes).  When we were passing the jewelry section she asked if I needed new jewelry....I didn't say no....I'm a sucker for shiny objects.  So she bought me around 7 pairs of earrings and some necklaces.  
So as you can see we left the store happy!  She got seven pairs of the same black flats lol!  We went back to her house after the shopping adventure and watched a few lifetime movies.  If you do not watch lifetime movies, please start watching them ASAP.  They are a classic way to bond with your mom or grandma.   I spent the night with her and we stayed up until midnight chatting away about life, God, and family.  She is honestly the wisest women I know.  I hope that I can become half the women that she is in my lifetime.  Anyways, my point in this post is to inspire you to spend time with your grandparents and treasure your time with them.  Here is a picture of some of my "casual wear" wedges my sweet grandma got me.  I think these will be my new "Go to" shoes.  I'm obsessed with casual wedges because they complete any outfit.  Now go and schedule a lunch date with your grandparents :-)
XOXOX,

Grace

No comments:

Post a Comment