Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Commercial Audition in Austin

Hello lovely people!  

Today I want to talk about how crazy pursuing acting can be sometimes.  I have been completely and utterly obsessed with acting since I was twelve.  My parents have sacrificed time, money, and lots of time in the car to help me pursue this wild dream.  Even now that I can drive they still come with me to the out of town auditions and shoots.  This year my mom went to Alabama with me for two weeks to shoot a Wonderwomen TV pilot presentation.  I played batgirl....it was awesome!  I am nineteen so I could have gone alone but my parents always want to make sure I am safe.  I also tend to get lost very easily.....and I am a terrible driver so I can understand the concern.  So, the other day I got an email saying I needed to be in austin the very next day for an audition for a bank commercial.  I called my mom and told her I was going to be heading to Austin the next day by myself and of course my parents said no.  "I would get lost" or "Get a flat tire"....I agreed I probably would LOL!  So my mom decided to drop everything and drive me to austin for an audition that I might not even book.  We met early that morning and I surprised her with all of her favorite things, Coke, candy, and flowers! 
It's important to show your appreciation to the people who do the most for you.  I know this is not near enough to repay her for her six hour unplanned road trip but I hope that one day I will be able to repay her for everything she has done for me.  She is QUEEN! Love you mom! 
This is the outfit I wore for the audition.  Do I look like a normal teenage girl who is getting a new pink car?  Well I hope so because I want to book this commercial! If I don't book it, there will be many more.  I'm not giving up anytime soon, or ever, so if I keep coming back they will have to cast me eventually.  It's all about persistence my friends.  Never. Give. Up.

XOXOX

Grace

No comments:

Post a Comment